We are pleased to announce that Classics and Contemporary Popular Culture, Volume 1, Issue 1 of Dialogue the Interdisciplinary Journal Popular Culture and Pedagogy is now live. Head on over to http://journaldialogue.org and have a look!
News from the Southwest Popular/American Culture Association. Check back frequently for the most up to date information from us!
The Southwest Popular/American Culture Association (SWPACA) is pleased to announce its 35th annual conference will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico, February 19-22, 2014. This year marks several areas of growth for the Association:
- The association name will change, effective May 2013, from the “Southwest/Texas Popular and American Culture Association” to the “Southwest Popular/American Culture Association”
- The SWPACA web site has been updated and moved to its new home at www.southwestpca.org – be sure to check back regularly for news and info!
- The SWPACA is pleased to announce the launch of Dialogue: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Popular Culture and Pedagogy. Please visit www.journaldialogue.org for more information.
- • The SWPACA’s flagship award, the Peter C. Rollins Book Award, established a new standard in 2013, recognizing three outstanding volumes in separate areas of popular and American culture:
- Traditional Film/Television Studies
- Popular Culture Studies
- Sequential Art/Comics and Animation Studies
It is our goal to attract a new group of authors with these new subject categories in honoring the legacy of Peter C. Rollins the founder of our organization.