The Southwest Popular/American Culture Association (SWPACA) is pleased to announce that we are now accepting nominations for the 2019 Peter C. Rollins Book Award. This juried award recognizes contributions to the study of popular and/or American culture and, in particular, works analyzing cultural and historical representations in film, television, and/or other visual media. Volumes receiving this award are distinguished by their methodology and research; monographs, reference works, and anthologies are all eligible. We invite publishers, authors, and editors to submit any appropriate publications of exceptional quality published in the current or previous calendar year (for example, for 2019, books published in 2018 or 2017 are eligible).
- Monographs (single or multiple author), anthologies, and reference books published in the current or previous calendar year are eligible.
- More than one title per author may be submitted for consideration
- More than one title per publisher may be submitted for consideration
- Submissions must be in English; translations from another language of first publication are acceptable
- Complete the online submission form (see below)
- Six copies of each title must be submitted to the following mailing address:
Renae Mitchell, Dept. of Communications
University of New Mexico–Los Alamos
4000 University Dr.
Los Alamos, NM 87544-2233
- We are not accepting e-books at this time.
- Deadline for submissions: November 1, 2018
Direct all inquiries and other correspondence to:
Awards Coordinator, SWPACA
Award recipient(s) will be announced during the Southwest Popular/American Culture Association Annual Conference, February 20-23, 2019, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Complete annual conference details can be found at www.southwestpca.org.
Rollins Award Online SubmissionNominate for 2019 Rollins Award
Nominate a volume for the 2019 Rollins Award by November 1, 2018.