The Southwest Popular/American Culture Association (SWPACA) is pleased to announce that we are now accepting nominations for the 2023 Peter C. Rollins Book Award. This juried award recognizes contributions to the study of popular and/or American culture and, in particular, works analyzing cultural and historical representations in film, television, and/or other visual media. Volumes receiving this award are distinguished by their methodology and research; monographs, reference works, and anthologies are all eligible. We invite publishers, authors, and editors to submit any appropriate publications of exceptional quality published in the current or previous calendar year (for example, for 2023, books published in 2022 or 2021 are eligible).
- Monographs (single or multiple author), anthologies, and reference books published in the current or previous calendar year are eligible.
- More than one title per author may be submitted for consideration.
- More than one title per publisher may be submitted for consideration.
- Submissions must be in English; translations from another language of first publication are acceptable.
- Complete the online submission form (see below).
- Four copies of each title must be submitted to the following mailing address:
Kathleen Lacey, Department of English
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
201B Andrews Hall
625 N. 14th St.
Lincoln, NE 68588-0333
- We are not accepting e-books at this time.
- Deadline for submissions: November 1, 2022
Direct all inquiries and other correspondence to:
Area Chair, Awards, & Professional Development Coordinator, SWPACA
Award recipient(s) will be announced during the Southwest Popular/American Culture Association Annual Conference, February 22-25, 2023, during the awards ceremony. Complete annual conference details can be found at www.southwestpca.org.